Thomas H. Kukowski
Tom has extensive litigation experience in complex matters at the trial and appellate levels in state and federal courts, as well as arbitration forums throughout the New York metropolitan area, including New York, Connecticut, and New Jersey. Tom’s practice is focused in the areas of commercial litigation and construction law, including the defense of architects, engineers, and other design professionals, as well as in the areas of products liability, personal injury, and group self-insured trusts. Tom has obtained significant court victories for diverse clients, including architects, engineers, hospitals, steel fabricators and erectors, and manufacturers of agricultural products. During his career, Tom has briefed and argued numerous motions and appeals, and has tried cases in both state and federal court.
Tom has also used his experience to obtain voluntary discontinuances at an early stage of the proceedings and has successfully negotiated complex multi-party matters involving liability exposure on favorable financial terms. In addition, Tom has obtained the level of third-degree black belt and Certified Instructor in the Korean martial art Tae Kwon Do.
- State of New York
- State of Connecticut
- State of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of NY
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of NY
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of NY
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1988
- Boston University, B.S., cum laude, 1985