Starkey has spent nearly his entire career focusing in construction law. His experience includes construction defects, project delays, change order disputes, construction liens, OSHA citations, construction accidents, payment disputes and professional liability. Throughout his career, Starkey has represented developers, general contractors, subcontractors, manufacturers, surveyors, architects and engineers, relating to both public and private projects.
Starkey has successfully defended claims involving water intrusion and structural damage in many types of commercial and residential projects. Originally from North Carolina, Starkey and his wife, Kate, have two boys and enjoy spending time in the mountains whenever possible.
- State of Florida
- State of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Thomas University School of Law, J.D., 2011
- Cornell University, B.S., 2004